Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Savory

I don't read a lot of fiction. It's a rare occasion that a novel captures and holds my attention for more than a chapter or two.

Fiction is dessert - yummy and fun - but not something I can live on. I recently inhaled this "true-life novel." Delicious.



Best of all, I love stacking savory books on my nightstand - meaty, sink-your-teeth-into-truth books - full of practical wisdom or abstract ideas my sleep-deprived eyes have to read twice to grasp. I thought I'd share what I've read lately, and what's next on my library search list, or if that fails me, my kindle app. 






2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Jenny White's sister in law and she just gave me your blog link! She said we'd get a long great and I think I agree :) I haven't read the Fitting Room, but I LOVE the rest of those books you list. Crazy Love is awesome...I'm reading Forgotten God right now...and Sacred Marriage is one of my all time favorite books! I am always plugging it and got it for Jenny for Christmas.

    Well have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystal! I recognize your name from Facebook. :) Thanks for the comment! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete