Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Sunroom: Curtains!

Dane hung curtains in the sunroom last week! He had lots of help.



My precise husband measured and marked exactly where he needed to drill.


We made our very expensive, very fancy curtain rods out of a $5 10' length of 3/4" conduit and a $2.50 package of straps (conduit fittings that bolt it to the wall). This brilliant, cheap idea is not original to me, I first saw it here.



Dane was impressed at how securely he was able to attach the rod to the wall. With two curtain-swinging little ones, sturdiness is pretty important.

I think it turned out great, especially since it's made of electrical hardware (!). I think it would look even better painted or wrapped in twine, but for now I'm quite pleased with it. With the delicate floral print of the curtains, it adds a nice industrial chic vibe to the room.






No comments:

Post a Comment